Cleaner Hay Means Higher Returns and More Nutrients in Hay and Silage!
Twinstar Generation 2 Basket Rakes are the premier hay rake for commercial farming operations. These rugged built hay rakes are designed to rake two windrows together and for turning hay to speedup drying time prior to baling for high production hay farming, custom operators, and dairies raking green chop. Twinstar Basket Rakes produce consistent uniform windrows and the cleanest hay on the market. Cleaner hay brings higher returns and provides the highest quality feed to ensure animals receive proper nutrients. Research has documented that basket raked hay contains significantly less contaminants (dirt, rocks, and debris) and has less leaf loss compared to traditional finger wheel and rotary rakes. Twinstar Generation 2 Hay Rakes are designed for functionality and longevity in today’s demanding markets. Twinstar 7-Bar Rakes are available in 27′ & 30′ approximate raking widths for windrowers equipped with 12′ to 18′ headers.
Twinstar G2 7-Bar Rakes Are Built to Last and Have Many Unique & Innovative Features:
- 7 Bar Baskets are equipped with 30″ diameter drive & idler wheels laser cut from 3/8″ high strength steel
- 7 Bar Baskets make fluffier, more uniform windrows for faster drying time
- 7 Tine Bar design allows for higher ground speeds up to 10 MPH
- 7 Bar Baskets are designed to handle heavier crops
- 7 Bar Baskets allow the operator to rake longer in the day, accomplished by slowing basket RPM speed which minimizes leaf loss
- Specially designed hydraulic manifold limits flow to hydraulic motors and valve, providing exceptional protection to the rake’s hydraulic system. Requires only 12 gallons per minute to operate the rake
- Hydraulic drive motors are mounted to a separate bearing housing and shaft assembly which in turn is mounted to the drive wheel and basket assembly for increased strength and reliability
- Basket rake assemblies are equipped with torsion axles which provide a superior suspension versus spring protection
- Basket Frames are designed for durability & are equipped with gauge wheel mounting brackets front & rear
- Parallel basket linkage provides heavy-duty basket support and precision alignment
- Idler end of the basket is equipped with a self-aligning idler hub. This unique feature ensures precision tine bar, bearing and hub alignment which provides years of trouble free service
- Equipped with 6 function electric-hydraulic valve w/ independent raising & lowering of baskets or together
- Rake design includes double extension tubes for increased strength. The interior walls of the outer tubes are equipped with UHMW strips to reduce friction and insure a smooth operation
- Generation 2 Rakes are equipped with unique “Hose Trac” system that provides total hose protection when extending and closing the basket extension tubes
- Basket assemblies are shear bolt protected with double-shear angle cylinder mounts
- Transport light kit per ASABW / ANIS279
- G3 Series split hoses with JIC fittings at end of slide tubes for serviceability
Twinstar Generation 2 Testimonials
Primary reasons we purchased Twinstar basket rakes was we wanted to make all rake functions operate through one easy-to-operate control box. Depending on crop conditions, we can operate much faster than before and still produce a fluffy windrow and rake later in the day, if needed, to beat the weather. We currently farm 1,500 acres of alfalfa, mostly on a custom level, and need the reliability without down time.
—Generation 2 Rake Owner, Harrah, WA
The Twinstar Generation 2 Rake is more versatile than my Generation 1 Rake. I get a more uniform and fluffier windrow without clumping. The seven-bar design rolls and lays the hay out better than my Generation 1 Twinstar Rakes. I get better raking at a wide angle. We windrow with 14-foot headers, and the wider angle allows me to rake two windrows together and then come back and rake those two together. I can rake faster with seven bars than with five. I like the heavier frame because it allows me to get better fore and aft tilt when I need it, and the basket still stays level. If the basket is level, then I get less dirt pickup and a cleaner windrow. Gauge wheels are worth every penny. As a matter of fact, after operating Generation 2 with two sets, I am going to modify my old ones to do the same. I wouldn’t buy a rake without them. Overall, I really like the job the rake does.
—Generation 2 Rake Owner, Stockton, CA
To view additional table columns, slide right side of table to the left.
|FEATURE||MODEL 2027G2-7||MODEL 2030G2-7|
|Slide Tubes||Double Pair||Double Pair|
|Maximum Raking Width||Up to 27′||Up to 30′|
|Transport Width||10′ – 9″||10′ – 9″|
|Overall Length||19′ – 5″||20′ – 2″|
|Approximate Weight||5100 lbs.||5600 lbs.|
|Tire Size||(4) LT235/75R15||(4) LT235/75R15|
|Rubber Mounted Tines||Standard: 154 per basket
Optional: 224 per basket
|Standard: 175 per basket
Optional: 259 per basket
|Basket Reel Speed||Maximum 90 RPM||Maximum 90 RPM|
|Tine Bar Bearings||Precision Sealed ball bearings||Precision Sealed ball bearings|
|Hydraulic Requirement||12 gallons/minute @ 2000 PSI
Tractor with single hydraulic remotes
|12 gallons/minute @ 2000 PSI
Tractor with single hydraulic remotes
|Operating Speed||Up to 10 MPH||Up to 10 MPH|
|Gauge Wheels||Optional Front and Rear||Optional Front and Rear|
Requires tractor with single hydraulic remotes.
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT INCLUDES: Front and rear gauge wheels (highly recommended), full tines (for lighter crop conditions), 2-5/16″ ball hitch, 4 hose kit (for tractors with less that 12 GPM per remote), high-torque motors in lieu of heavy-duty motors (for heavy crop applications such as oat hay and silage), and basket angle stop kit.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN · BUILT TO LAST