Cleaner Hay Means Higher Returns and More Nutrients in Hay & Silage!
Twinstar Generation 2 & 3 Basket Rakes are the premier hay rakes designed for commercial farming operations. These rugged built hay rakes are designed to rake two windrows together and for turning hay to speedup drying time prior to baling for high production hay farming, custom operators, and dairies raking green chop. Twinstar Basket Rakes produce consistent uniform windrows and the cleanest hay on the market. Cleaner hay brings higher returns and provides the highest quality feed to ensure animals receive proper nutrients. Research has documented that basket raked hay contains significantly less contaminants (dirt, rocks, and debris) and has less leaf loss compared to traditional finger wheel and rotary rakes. Twinstar Generation 2 Hay Rakes are designed for functionality and longevity in today’s demanding markets. Twinstar 6-Bar Rakes are available in 30′ approximate raking widths for windrowers equipped with 12′ to 18′ headers.
6-Bar Rakes Specifications
NOTE: Both the 2030G2-6 and 2030G3-6 models have the following specifications.
- Maximum Raking Width: 30′
- Transport Width: 10’9″
- Tire Size: (4) LT235/75R15
- Rubber Mounted Tines: Std. 150 Opt. 222
- Hydraulic Requirement: 12 GPM 2000 PSI
- Operating Speed: Up to 10mph
- Weight: 5,600 lbs.
Twinstar 6-Bar Rakes Are Built to Last and Have Many Unique & Innovative Features:
- 6 Bar Baskets are equipped with 30″ diameter drive & idler wheels laser cut from 3/8″ high strength steel
- Specially designed hydraulic manifold limits flow to hydraulic motors and valve, providing exceptional protection to the rake’s hydraulic system. Requires only 12 gallons per minute to operate the rake
- Hydraulic drive motors are mounted to a separate bearing housing and shaft assembly which in turn is mounted to the drive wheel and basket assembly for increased strength and reliability
- Basket rake assemblies are equipped with torsion axles which provide a superior suspension versus spring protection
- Basket frames are designed for durability & are equipped with gauge wheel mounting brackets front & rear
- Parallel basket linkage provides heavy-duty basket support and precision alignment
- Idler end of the basket is equipped with a self-aligning idler hub. This unique feature ensures precision tine bar, bearing and hub alignment which provides years of trouble free service
- G2 Series 6-function electric-hydraulic valve w/ independent raising & lowering of baskets or together
- G3 Series 7-function electric-hydraulic valve w/ independent raising & lowering of baskets or together & on/off switch
- Rake design includes double extension tubes for increased strength. The interior walls of the outer tubes are equipped with UHMW strips to reduce friction and ensure a smooth operation
- Generation 2 Rakes are equipped with unique “Hose Trac” system that provides total hose protection when extending and closing the basket extension tubes
- Basket assemblies are shear bolt protected with double-shear angle cylinder mounts
- Transport light kit per ASABW / ANIS279
- G3 Series split hoses with JIC fittings at end of slide tubes for serviceability
Optional Equipment: Front and rear gauge wheels (highly recommended), full tines (for lighter crop conditions), 2-5/16″ball hitch, G2 4 hose kit (for tractors with less that 12 GPM per remote), G2 heavy duty motors in lieu of standard duty motors (for heavy crop applications such as oat hay and silage), and basket angle stop kit.
INNOVATIVE DESIGN · BUILT TO LAST